Lhasa arrival, transfer to hotel.
– Potala Palace (the highest ancient palace in the world, symbolizes Tibetan Buddhism and its central role in the traditional administration of Tibet.)
– Jokhang Temple (the spiritual heart of Tibet, the center of the Tibetan Buddhism and the sacred land of Buddhist followers where thousands of pilgrims come for worship everyday.)
– the holy Barkhor Circuit (a quadrangle of streets that surrounds the Jokhang Temple, both the spiritual heart of the holy city and the main commercial district for Tibetans, the oldest street in Lhasa and remains very traditional.)
– Drepung Monastery (one of the “great three” Gelukpa university monasteries of Tibet, the largest monastery in the Tibet with many white buildings overspreading on the mountain slope. )
– Norbulingka Park (a traditional summer palace and residence starting with the 7th Dalai Lama, and now it is the largest garden in Tibet.)
– Sera Monastery (one of the three great monasteries in Lhasa and one of the six great monasteries of the Gelug Sect of Buddhism in Tibet, one of the great seats of learning in the Mahayana Buddhist tradition. )
– Gandain Monastery (the ancestral temple of Gelug Sect, one of the “great three” Gelug university monasteries of Tibet, one of the three great monasteries in Lhasa.)
– Hepu village (a small village in Tibet, of some 100 villagers and 30 farming and herding families, an important stop for backpackers travelling from Ganden monastery to Samye monastery.)
– Shug La Pass
– Ani Pagong (a narrow bottleneck in the trail and former site of a nunnery.)
-Tsotup Chu Valley
– Chitu-La Pass (5228 meters above sea level, marked by several large cairns and it is easier to pass than Shug-La pass.)
– the Yamalung Tsangpo valley
– the Yamalung Hermitage (where the Tibetan wonder-worker Guru Rinpoche is said to have meditated and received empowerment from the long-life deity Tsepame (Amitayus).)
– Nyango village
– Samye Monastery (one of the main scenic spots of the state-level scenic area – the Yarlung River Scenic Area, the first monastery in Tibet featuring Buddhist, laws and monks.)
– Tsetang (An important Chinese administrative centre and army base, Tsetang (Zédāng) is the fourth-largest city in Tibet and the capital of huge Shānnán (Lhoka) prefecture.)
– Yambulakang Castle (the castle perched dramatically on a pinnacle above the valley is the oldest known dwelling in Tibet, reputedly the home of the Yarlung Kings.)
End the journey.
in shuangqiao valley, easy to reach the base
Suitable for those who have no experience in multi-days mountain trekking to above 4000m but requires excellent physical fitness
Treking & hiking in gansu province
We operate tailor-made Adventure & Tour China for individuals, families and small groups around travellers' time, interests, preferred pace and travel style. We will take you to the major and stunning china highlights as well as further along the road less traveled.